The Owls of Montana (Grades K-5)
This educational resource provides activities and information for teaching about Montana’s many spectacular owl species. Includes owl specimens, dissected pellets, tools to dissect your own pellets (you’ll need to supply the pellets), an owl costume, funnels to demonstrate asymmetrical hearing, skull, talon, wing, books and a teacher guide with lesson plan ideas. (MT Science Standards LS3.A, LS3.B)
- Background information on the ecology, biology and conservation of MT owls for teachers and educators.
- Pellet dissection curricula, directions and skeletal guides for rodents.
- Puppets & scripts to accompany them
- Costume components & scripts to go with them
- Curricular activities for Kindergarden through 8th grade – for both classroom and in the field
- Songs & Poetry
- Books, both literary and scientific
- Zip Drive with photo images and common sounds of all MT owl species, and related resources
- Field guide to all MT owls
- Owl feathers, study skins, egg replica, dissected pellets, talon replica
- Bibliography of other owl resources