by Cindy Roberts
Tell an educator you know about Flathead Audubon Educational Trunks!
Flathead Audubon Society has educational trunks available for check-out again, with materials for teachers, home-schoolers, and others interested in birds, their habitats, and conservation. All trunks are free of charge.
The trunks and materials can be used to build, enhance, and bring a local tie into a class science unit. These hands-on and interactive materials will provide students with a unique and fun learning opportunity.
Audubon Trunks are located at Lone Pine State Park. Make a trunk reservation online at https://flatheadaudubon.org/learn/educational-trunks/ by clicking on the name of the trunk you would like to reserve, then selecting the dates you would like to reserve on the calendar, and fill in the trunk reservation form. Lone Pine Visitor Center Staff will assist you with checkouts and returns. Call them at 406-755-2706 Ext. 2,or email Julia Smit (email@example.com) for directions and help. You may request delivery and pick-up by an Audubon Volunteer Ambassador.
You may also request a classroom visit and lesson from Flathead Audubon conservation educator, Denny Olson, by emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trunks available for check-out include:
- Chickadee Who’s Who and Bird ID Basics
- Owls of Montana
- Snowy Owls
- Riparian Wetlands-Birds and the River
- Bird Anatomy & Preschool/Early Primary Costume
- Common Birds of the Flathead
- Bird Field Studies (with field guides and binoculars)
- Our Changing Neighborhood Storybook
- Cavity Nesters
- Also available to check out separately are bird skins, feathers, nests and eggs, plush bird toys and puppets, and Growing Native School Gardens.
You must be logged in to post a comment.