Highlights from the May 5, 2022 Board of Directors Meeting and Elections May 2022
BOD Meeting 5/2/22
- Tom Roberts presented the newly revised Education Strategic Plan, which added both formative and pre/post assessments and better tracking of participant numbers. In addition, Cindy Roberts rewrote several sections to make them easier to understand and to reflect our newly developed technological resources.
- Rod Wallette presented the proposed 22-23 budget, which the Finance Committee prepared. After questions/answers and comments, it was approved.
- Dave Manuwal coordinated a survey of window-strike bird fatalities. He distributed information and recruited volunteers to complete the survey.
- Other items included: the need for a replacement newsletter editor, plans for field trips, and preparations for the Birds of Prey Festival and the Road Scholar field trips.
At the general meeting held on 5/9/22:
- Kathy Ross was presented with a Conservation Achievement Recognition Award.
- Rod Wallette, Treasurer, and Pam Willison, Secretary, were re-elected for 3-year terms.
- Margaret Parodi, Dave Manuwal, and Will Beyer were re-elected for 3-year Board terms.
- Bridger Donaldson, Shannon Donaldson, and Jason Garver were elected as new Board members, and will serve 3-year terms.
Help mitigate human-bear conflict this fall
Keep fruit picked—Flathead Food Gleaning Group can help!
Need help picking fruit on your property? Want to donate to local Food Banks or the Yellowstone Wolf and Bear Discovery Center? Check out the Flathead Fruit Gleaning Group Facebook page to connect with folks that can help pick and /or those who might be looking for fruit for winter. It will help keep your neighborhoods safer and help some to keep bears out of harms way. We can all do our part!
We’re looking for volunteers who would like to write a Bird of the Month column. Most desperately needed is someone to write for the month of November. If you are interested please contact Darcy at email@example.com. Writing an article is a great way to learn about a bird in more depth. Plus, it is fun to see your name in print. Your volunteerism would be greatly appreciated!