Organizations or individuals wishing to hold a group activity at OSNA must obtain permission from Flathead Audubon or Montana Audubon. Contact Pam Willison. This is done to ensure that all activities are acceptable within the DNRC rules and regulations for the area, are not disruptive to birds and wildlife, to avoid conflicts or overlapping group use, and to avoid overuse and vegetation damage in certain areas.
No fee may be charged for an activity at Owen Sowerwine, as this is a violation of DNRC rules about commercial use.
Any group use cannot involve the destruction, relocation, harvesting, or defacing of any vegetation or dead trees (except those blocking trails).
Request for permission to hold an organized group activity at Owen Sowerwine should include:
- Name of organization(s) or individual(s) organizing and sponsoring the activity.
- Nature and purpose of activity (what you plan to do).
- Number of participants expected.
- Whether participation is restricted or open to the public.
- Date, and estimated beginning and end times of activity.
- Portion of Owen Sowerwine to be used.
- Statement that no fee will be charged.
- Person(s) who will be leading or overseeing the activity.
- Contact person for the organization(s), with phone number and email address.
Each participants in a group activity at Owen Sowerwine are required by law to have a State Land Recreational Use Permit, unless the activity is sponsored by Flathead or Montana Audubon. Co-sponsorship may be sought at the time permission for group use is requested.