by Gail Shay Linne, Education Chair
The FAS Education Committee welcomes Flathead High School science teacher Renee Cordes to serve on our committee. Renee’s expertise and contact with educators along with her commitment to educating youth will enrich our committee’s work. Thanks, Renee for joining us.
Our committee met March 5 to evaluate the 2017-18 portion of the five-year Strategic Plan. We will move to the planning stage for the 2018-19 year at our April 12 meeting. A full report of our work with the plan will be available in the next Pileated Post.
The Ambassador program is ‘up and running.’ Linda de Kort presented an impressive Ambassador training just prior to the March 12 general meeting. She has compiled a packet of materials Ambassadors will use when they support schools and agencies to use the Audubon trunks.
The Ambassadors and the schools or agencies ‘adopted’ are:
- Linda de Kort, Sue Swab, Jeanne Olsen—West Valley School
- Barbara Boorman—Montana Veteran’s Home
- Jennifer Dodan—where needed
- Carole Jorgensen–where needed
- Linda Winnie, Linda de Kort—Heritage Place
- Sue Crawford—where needed
- Lana Batts—where needed
- Gail Linne—The Springs at Whitefish
- Denny Olson—presents throughout the Valley and has arranged for trunk storage at Fish and Game’s Lone Pine Park
Thank you Flathead Audubon Society Ambassadors! We are looking for additional members who can become Ambassadors. Help can range from inviting someone to use a trunk to shuttling materials to locations to delivering a program. Contact Linda De Kort or Gail Linne (firstname.lastname@example.org 406-871-4881) if you are interested.