by Lewis Young
Flathead Audubon gratefully recognizes Linda Winnie for all her work on the Pileated Post. For 15 years Linda has been deeply involved in the content, production, and distribution of the Pileated Post. Her roles are many. The following list may not be fully inclusive.
- Prepares draft contents for the Board to review monthly.
- Tracks seasonal articles/issues and reminders so they appear in the correct month of the Post.
- Reminds authors of deadlines for submission.
- Recruits potential authors for some articles.
- Provides authors with guidelines for length and format as needed.
- Writes and submits articles on a variety of issues.
- Took on the Christmas Bird Count summaries in 2020 to contact all compilers in our area, produce a list of contacts and dates for each count, and compile the summaries of each count.
- Provides editorial services to authors.
- Provides editorial consultation during layout.
- Fills in when needed to do layout of the Post.
- Mails out the electronic version to members and to complimentary recipients.
- Maintains the mailing list for the electronic version.
- Maintains an archive of past issues.
Linda invests a tremendous amount of time and effort in her role in the Pileated Post. FAS is so thankful for all her work and wants to make it known how appreciated it is.