Highlights from the February 6, 2023 Board of Directors Meeting
- The Board voted to participate in the 2023 Great Fish Community Challenge, to designate the primary use as the Conservation Education Program, and to elect Jan Metzmaker and Gail Cleveland as our Fund Advisers.
- Geri Meireis and Linda Winnie are working with Susie Waldron, who will complete the layout for the March newsletter. Welcome Susie!
- Denny Olson reported that things look positive for moving the Learning Kits from the cellar of Lone Pine State Park to secure storage space at Gateway Community Center. He will organize a couple of work days to complete the move. Denny also reported that he is busy doing school presentations and field trips.
- Cindy and Tom Roberts stepped down as the Chairs of the Education Committee, but will remain on the committee. Many thanks to Cindy and Tom for their leadership.
- Bridger and Shannon Donaldson are coordinating the details of a Birdathon this spring. It will be organized differently than in the past, with a larger quantity of small teams instead of two large teams. More details to come – a date will be selected at the March BOD meeting.
- The Board will participate in a Strategic Planning session on February 16, in order to assess our current status and issues, and formulate a plan to address issues and guide Board decisions.
Sign up for Montana Audubon’s Action Alert Network
The 68th Montana Legislature is in session, and the Montana Audubon team of legislative lobbyists are busy working for all of us to defend Montana’s wildlife, wildlife habitat, and bedrock environmental laws. But they need your help. During this legislative session Montana Audubon will again maintain an active “Action Alert Network” that will provide you with the information you need to make your voice heard when important issues come up! To sign up for Network alerts go to https://mtaudubon.org/join-our-online-network. You can also access the most recent alert on the MT Audubon Facebook page or check https://mtaudubon.org/conservation-policy/take-action/
SAVE THE DATE!
Wings Across the Big Sky, the annual Montana birding festival, will be June 9-11, 2023, at the Heritage Inn, Great Falls, MT. The festival is being organized by Montana Audubon and this year’s local host chapter, Upper Missouri Breaks Audubon. Stay tuned for more information in the coming months.
March Program of the Montana Native Plant Society, Flathead Chapter
What’s Going on with the Flathead Conservation District?
Wednesday, March 22, 7 p.m.
Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks, 490 N. Meridian Rd., Kalispell
Flathead Conservation District (FCD) staff will showcase their wide-ranging and exciting programs. The District provides a plethora of resources, tools, funding and education for landowners to carry out conservation projects on their property. FCD helps with watershed restoration, pollinator and rain gardens, native seedlings and native grass seed mixes, lawn alternatives, soil health, and land stewardship.