Highlights from April 3, 2017 Board Meeting
- Reviewed the treasurers report.
- Heard about numerous grant proposals already submitted or in the works.
- Held discussion on what would be required of FAS to host the 2018 State Bird Festival.
- Heard Education Conservation Educators report including the need for a Chairperson for the Education Committee and that numerous activities are ongoing and coming up.
- Heard that 2018 calendars will be available in mid-April and Lana Batts is handling distribution and sales.
- Heard that the Wiley Slough blind is expected to be usable later in the summer. Still needs some work on the pier braces and design and construction of an accessible ramp.
- Heard that Montana Audubon’s search for a new executive director is ongoing.
Great Gray Owl Webcam
Check out the new webcam mounted by FAS member Rosemary McKinnon showing the nesting Great Gray Owl at Lost Prairie: http://explore.org/live-cams/player/great-gray-owl-nest
Riparian Wetlands: Birds and the River
Through a grant from the Montana Department of Environmental Quality, we have produced an extensive new educational trunk for educators and their students dealing with the importance of wetlands – specifically rivers and their importance to birds. The trunk has a sequential series of (fun!) activities for both older and younger students that build on each other, is user-friendly, and has all the equipment and supplies that will be needed for a great learning experience! Spread the word to your teacher friends!
More details on trunk contents may be found on the trunk’s page.
You can reserve any of our trunks on a “click-on calendar view”. Check us out!
Bigfork 4th of July Parade
Want to see Flathead Audubon represented in Bigfork’s 4th of July parade? Then volunteer to help make it happen! Contact Paula Smith at 406-837-0181.
Please remember to take along an OSNA Monitoring Form when you go to Owen Sowerwine this summer.
Use the form to tell us what parts of Owen Sowerwine you visited, and what you saw and heard there. Feedback from Volunteer Monitors helps Flathead Audubon do a better job of managing Owen Sowerwine.
THANK YOU to ALL who are helping with OSNA Monitoring!
OSNA Workday—September 30 SAVE THE DATE!