Highlights from the October 2, 2023 Board of Directors Meeting
- A new coordinator is needed for the Kalispell Christmas Bird Count.
- Denny Olson reported he is conducting field trips for middle school students, working on the video about Hawk Watch, and will be scheduling a number of classroom presentations.
- Based on feedback from Denny and volunteers, the Board decided not to participate in the summer Road Scholar classes until the Johns Lake Loop location is accessible again.
- Kay Mitchell reported being contacted by Gary Olson, who is working to establish a scholarship in memory of Lewis Young and would like FAS to participate. The Board requested a written proposal before action is taken.
- Darcy Thomas will coordinate the review and possible rewrite of our Mission Statement. Also, Darcy conducted the vote for the upcoming Conservation Achievement Recognition (CAR) awards.
Save the Date!
Wings Across the Big Sky, Montana Audubon’s annual festival, returns May 31st-June 2, 2024 in Helena, MT. Mark your calendars and stay tuned for more information!