Highlights from the September 7, 2021 Board of Directors Meeting
- The Board decided to hold the September and October general meetings virtually, and will evaluate the situation each month to decide how the following meeting will be done.
- Gael Bissell is working with Linda Hunt to create a fact sheet which offers information for new cat owners about keeping wildlife, particularly birds, safe from cats.
- Cory Davis reported that the Conservation Easement for Owen Sowerwine is being written, an initial appraisal is being prepared, and that a building envelope has been identified, which would contain any parking or structures. Many thanks to Will Beyer for volunteering over 45 hours in OSNA this summer cutting and bagging houndstongue seed heads.
- We need for new/more field trip leaders. If interested, contact Margaret Parodi.
- Cindy Roberts reported that the education trunks will once again be available to classrooms.
Flathead Audubon General Meeting Election Results
As a result of the election conducted via Zoom during the General Meeting on September 13, we are pleased to report that Flathead Audubon has some new officers and Board members. Cory Davis was elected to the office of President, and Darcy Thomas was elected to the office of Vice-President. Both will serve for two years. Jake Bramante and Derrick Rathe were re-elected to serve another 3-year term as directors. Kay Mitchell and Dan Casey will rejoin the Board and serve 3-year terms.
A special welcome goes out to Dan Kotter who was elected to the Board of Directors for the first time, and will serve a 3-year term. Jan Metzmaker decided not run for re-election to the Board, and we want to offer a “thank-you” for her many years of service and great public relations work.