Highlights from the April 5, 2021 Board of Directors Meeting
- Treasurer Rod Wallette has completed a draft version of the Financial Policy. The Finance Committee will meet to fine tune it, then the BOD will finalize it.
- FAS has submitted the paperwork to United Way to rent large meeting spaces for our monthly public meetings and BOD meetings, beginning this fall.
- We are proceeding with the applications to participate in both the Whitefish Community Foundations events: Day of Giving and Great Fish.
- The final report for Hawk Watch 2020 is finished (thank you Dan Casey!) and will be posted to the website soon.
- Cindy Roberts reported that during the first week of April, the Education Committee is distributing promotional materials for the new video series to middle- and high-school teachers across the valley.
What Is Happening This Summer and Next Fall?
Flathead Audubon is so excited to be moving ahead with many new as well as traditional spring and summer field trips, although slightly modified for Covid-19 safety, as well as events such as Warbler Weekend (although during the week on June 8-10) and Birds of Prey Festival on September 18. We are also planning to return to in-person public meetings at the United Way campus in a much larger venue starting in September. Finally, we hope to make our public meetings digital in real time for those who may not want to travel; we are also thinking about bringing speakers into our meetings digitally from all over the world. All our events and activities will follow all public health guidelines. Excited to see you soon!
Recycle Your Left Over Plastic Nursery Pots
What can you do with those plastic pots hanging around after you get those nursery-bought plants into the ground? You can RECYCLE them! Drop them off at the Center for Native Plants – they will reuse them. 5605 Hwy 93 South, Whitefish. Open 9AM-5PM every day.
Elections Postponed Until Fall
Rather than hold elections during our May 10 Zoom public meeting, we have postponed them to September 13, when we hope to have our first in-person public meeting in more than a year. If you are interested in joining our Board or a Committee, please contact Bob Lee at email@example.com. Thanks and have a great safe summer!
Sign up for AmazonSmile for your online shopping and benefit FAS. A portion of each purchase goes to FAS when you select them as your recipient. Also, AmazonSmile is now available in a shopping app for Android users.
- Visit https://smile.amazon.com.
- Sign in with your Amazon.com credentials.
- Choose a charitable organization to receive donations, or search for the charity of your choice.
- Select your charity.
Two Save the Date Announcements for Fall 2021
- Birds of Prey Festival—Saturday, September 18
- OSNA Workday—watch for the date here on the website and in the September Pileated Post